- Howard University or select California State University campuses interested in pursuing graduate study in ecology or evolutionary biology;
- Xavier University of Louisiana, Florida A & M University, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, or select California State University campuses interested in pursuing graduate study in molecular, cell, or developmental biology.
All applicants to HCBU GAP must…
- be sophomores or juniors;
- hold a grade point average of at least 3.0;
- CSU applicants must be nominated by a faculty member from their home institution.
Applications will consist of
- this web form completed by the applicant;
- college transcripts (include fall grades; an unofficial transcript will be fine)
- (a) for HBCU applicants: a letter of recommendation from a HBCU faculty member in the sciences; (b) for CSU applicants: a letter of nomination from a CSU faculty member;
- a 1-2 page statement of purpose that describes your (a) previous research experience (it’s OK if you have none); (b) current research interests; (c) what you envision doing five years from now; and (d) how HBCU GAP will help you reach your goals. To help us track applications, please name this file hbcugap_lastnamefirstinitial_application.
Email items (2)-(4) to Carole Hom (email@example.com); please include HBCU GAP application and your name in the subject line. Applications that lack this subject line or the file name specified in (4) may not be reviewed.
Application review will begin on 28 February; for full consideration, please apply prior to that date.
Applicants will be selected based on the strength of their record and fit of research interests to appropriate faculty. Finalists may be interviewed by videoconference.